Monday 16 June 2008

Wonderful Waitrose

Big thanks are in order to the Waitrose Nutritionists, from whom I have received a 57 page listing of products defined as low in sodium (less than 0.12g sodium per 100g). A lot of it is obvious stuff (chicken breasts, coffee) but there are even some ready meal options there - I have been really enjoying cooking from scratch, but with 2 kids, a full time job and (occasionally) a social life too, there is going to be the occasional night where I don't manage it.

I'm not going to reproduce all of the 57 pages here. However here are a few items from the list which I was pleased to see. Figures are g of sodium per 100g - the recommended limit is 2.4g a day:

Vegetable Crisps 0.10g
Sweet pickled beetroot 0.12g
Tandoori chicken and pepper kebabs 0.09g
Thai red chicken curry with wild rice 0.06g
Chef's special green chutney salmon 0.12g
Spinach & ricotta quiche 0.12g
Mushroom stroganoff with rice 0.05g
Chicken with apricots 0.09g
Tuscan unsalted bread 0.02g

1 comment:

ellie said...

I'm going to have to check out Waitrose ;-)