Sunday 11 May 2008

Dips

Some low/no sodium dips to liven up those salt-free crisps (Tyrells and Kettle Chips both do unsalted versions now; and there's always Salt n Shake too).

Simple Tomato Salsa:
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons lime juice
Red chilli to taste (I keep one of those cheating jars of pre-chopped chilli in the fridge)

Simply mix it all together!

Guacamole:
4 mild chillies, finely chopped
Bunch coriander, chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp water
½ lime, juice only
3 ripe avocados

In a pestle and mortar, pound the chillies, coriander and tomatoes to a fine paste. Add a little water and lime juice to make a looser mixture. Mash in the avocados.

Houmous:
Here I'm simply going to link to Joanna's delicious recipe.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Love the sound of the tomato salsa ... I use rose harissa for this sort of thing, but I'm now guiltily aware that I have NO IDEA how much salt they put in it .. I will check before I use it again

Thanks for the link

Joanna

AnnC said...

Thanks Joanna - rose harissa sounds delicious, will look into it. Thanks for the tip.