Tuesday 23 December 2008

Resperate - Update

Just wanted to post a quick update on Resperate, which Mr C has had some success with.

It's a small unit with headphones, which plays musical notes at you - the idea is that you breathe in time with them, and that it gradually slows your breathing down by slowing down the music. Really what it is doing is getting you to meditate. Although Resperate doesn't seem to have been checked out by NICE yet, it's been approved by the FDA in the US, and also the principle has certainly been proven - regular meditation lowers your blood pressure. It's been demoed on This Morning, the item is on YouTube here.

Reducing our dietary sodium (and also alcohol consumption) brought Mr C's blood pressure down from 174/112 to 141/99 in 6 months - but this was obviously still too high. 6 weeks of regular Resperate use has brought it down, I am pleased to say, to 140/88, which is within the normal range (just!). It seems he is the perfect candidate for it, as he is otherwise very healthy, and has no underlying condition which is causing the high BP.

Resperate is £199, and is for sale online here (I'm sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere, but this site has a 30 day money back guarantee), although we got ours from our local Lloyds Chemist.

2 comments:

Jankent said...

I recently bought a Resperate machine on EBAY for £80 and what a bargain. I use it in bed ( as per Resperate forum advice) and it has also helped me sleep better. I never use salt on my food and prepare all my meals from fresh organic ingredients whenever possible.I also use a lot of sprouted seeds, especially wheatgrass which I juice with an organic apple (delicious).I eat sprouted lentils ,broccoli, beetroot, alfalfa and snow peas a lot . My BP was 178/95 and is now 135/75 and my Dr has reduced my drugs.I am hoping to lower it even further and come off meds altogether.

AnnC said...

That's great news, so pleased to hear you've had such great success. Here's hoping for even lower figures in the future. Ann